- Family Respite Services
Family Respite Services
Riley's Supports Family Respite Services
Family Respite Services (FRS) is a community organization supporting 900 families caring for children with disabilities. Riley’s sponsors Family Respite Services (FRS) so that children with disabilities can participate in activities just like their peers!
Riley’s believes that every child has a gift. Riley’s has invested $34,000.00 with Family Respite Services, to help create memories for families caring for children with disabilities in Windsor/Essex County.
Visit www.familyrespite.org to see how you can get involved and make a difference!
- Respite providers work with the child in the families home and in the community engaging in meaningful activities.
- Associate Families welcome children into their home for a weekend stay.
- Staffed Respite Homes where children stay for the weekend on a regular basis.
- Community Based Respite in partnership with local recreation programs to provide a recreational based program for children to engage with other children in the community, while parents receive a natural break. These programs are called “Our Time, Fantastic Fridays” and summer day camps.
- Sibling Support is a group setting for siblings of children with disabilities to interact with other children.
- FRS uses all fundraising dollars and grant money towards direct respite and our community based respite programs.
- FRS has a recruitment website that is used across the province to assist in the recruitment of respite providers, you can visit www.respiteservices.com to view this website.